Thursday 11 June 2020

Equality


Equality
A fallacy
In reality
There's brutality
Negative mentality

Be it sexuality
Or nationality
Disability
Or vulnerability

All that matters to the powers that be
Is the economy
Racial superiority
And territoriality

I know that's not what you want from me
But unless we vote for change, many will never be
Free

Equality
Universality
Can be solved only
Globally
By you and me
Let's be
The change we want to see
.
.
I know it's not uplifting or anything but honestly I despair at the lack of equality in our world.  Things have to change, must change, but until we realise that those who want power like inequality and we keep voting for them there's very little hope.

My mental health isn't great right now after 13 weeks in isolation so that no doubt affects this poem, but I'm posting it because I think it's an important issue to share.

No comments: