Sunday 26 July 2020

Evening Prayer of Light



Evening Prayer Based On Lindisfarne Liturgy

Spirit of the Risen Christ, as lamps light up the evening, shine into our hearts and kindle in us the fire of your love.
All: The light of Christ has come into the world!

We give you thanks
For the light of your love by day and by night.
We give you thanks 

Light up our dark hearts by the light of Christ; may his Word light our way, for you pour forth loving kindness upon your whole creation,
All: Source and Saviour and Radiant Spirit.

All: May the peace of the Spirit be mine this night, 
the peace of the Son be mine this night, 
the peace of the Father be mine this night, 
the peace of all peace be mine this night, each day of my life.

Psalm 27 
The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
Hear my voice when I call, LORD; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek. Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Saviour.
Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. Teach me your way, LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations.
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Let us Pray
We offer to you, Lord, the troubles of this day we lay down our burdens at your feet. Forgive us our sins, give us your peace, and help us to receive your Word
Share aloud or in the silence of your hearts

We give you thanks that you are always present, in all things, each day and each night. We give you thanks for your gifts of creation, life and friendship. We give you thanks for the blessings of this day
Share aloud or in the silence of your hearts

Intercessions 
Into your hands, O Lord, we place our families, our neighbours, our brothers and sisters in Christ, and all whom we have met today . . .
Enfold them in your will.
All: Enfold them in your will.

Into your hands, O Lord, we place all who are victims of prejudice, oppression or neglect; the unwanted, the frail . . .
May everyone be cherished.
All: May everyone be cherished.

Into your hands, O Lord, we place all who are restless, sick, or prey to the powers of evil . . .
Keep them in your peace.
All: Keep them in your peace.

Into your hands, O Lord, we place these people and situations. . .
Watch over them and watch over us this night.
All: Watch over them and watch over us this night.


Closing
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all evermore. Amen.

No comments: