Wednesday 1 July 2020

Learning to say No



Do you find it easy to say no?
Do you always have to apologise when you say no?
Do you feel you need to make excuses or give reasons for saying no?

That's me
All of those things
But I'm learning
Slowly

I'm learning that no is an act of self care, of self preservation, of health and balance, of sense.

I expect other people to say no to me if I ask them something and they can't or don't want to.  I don't think badly of them or judge them, I just accept a no for what it is.  But I always hold myself to higher account for some reason and that's what I'm trying to stop.

And today I can celebrate.
Because today I said no to something
without saying sorry, without feeling guilty, without a second thought.

 I couldn't fit another thing in my diary without causing stress and stress is very bad for my mental and physical health.  It's obvious but this is the first time I've said no and felt absolutely fine with it.

No comments: