Friday 31 July 2020

I love my eyes

A post in The Well Woman Network this morning asked the question
"Let's tell each other what you love about yourself physically"

This was my response:

I love my eyes
I've always loved their blue
And I love them even more
Now they can only see what's true
They no longer see the flaws
Imperfections and doubts
No longer catch reflections
In windows when I'm out
My eyes reduced vision
Has blessed me with such peace
Removed vanity from my day
And given me release

I didn't mean to write a poem, I just started writing and it happened.

I no longer "see" the way most people do, but I see so much more clearly the true beauty in everyone. I never cared about other people's appearances anyway (though I was convinced everyone criticised me endlessly) but now I truly see the beautiful that is the essence of people.

Talking about eyes reminds me of this poem I wrote last week about the other senses which came to the fore when I could no longer see fully..

Eyes of darkness
Soul of clarity
Ears of truth
Touch of love
Voice of blessing
I'm the proof

No comments: