Thursday 27 September 2012

26th September 2012 Luke 9:1-6

When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt. Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town. If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.” So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere.

Take nothing with you; do not worry if you are rejected. Well that seems very apt at the moment but I'm not appreciating the message.

What do we do when God is trying tell us something but we don't want to hear? I've tried putting my fingers in my ears but it doesn't work. I guess listening might be the best way forward but I'm not ready for that.


No comments: