Sunday 30 September 2012

Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile

Since abandoning the mighty APPLE, ditching my iPhone and moving lock stock and barrel to Samsung on the Android system I have had my eyes opened to a raft of apps which cost nothing (or nearly nothing).  Yesterday I invested a massive 25p on the Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile.

I didn't know what to expect but am very very impressed.  Not only can you choose the type of pen or paint distributor and colour, but you can also choose opacity and style.  You can layer your drawing - enabling slight changes for cartoon strips etc.

I have created a few backgrounds for blog post pictures; but it's in free hand creativity where it comes into its own; and for that Rachel was my chief tester.  She quickly got the hang of the options and menus and created drawings like the one below (her favourite).  She kept saying "it's like a real pen/paint brush".

I dread to think how much this same app would cost on the iPad  (edit - it costs £1.99) but it is a bargain at 25p for use on both my Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Tab2.

Well done Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile and Android for making such a great app available to the masses.


No comments: