Wednesday 12 September 2012

Monday Morning Madness

It is early in the morning
The rain is pouring down
None of my family wants to wake up
I'm already starting to frown

There's no movement from the youngest
Except a grunt and a groan
And as for the oldest one
Well I think I hear a moan

"Come on, get up" I'm shouting
But no one even seems to care
They're not returning to the routine
All I hear is "mum, it's not fair"

Eventually there is progress
They are up and bustling about
I hope tomorrow is easier
And I don't have to scream and shout

This poem was written as part of the 100wcgu with the prompt:
"returning to the routine"


6 comments:

Sally said...

Brilliant, I was right there with you. I can remember those days so clearly and frustratingly.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I am soooo on board with this routine! We go through it often. AMazingly, when the children get up readily, they are in such better moods...now to only help them see it! Nicely done!

Sarahmumof3 said...

such a great poem - perfect capture of the morning rush returning to routine here too!

LLM Calling said...

what I didn't make clear is that "the eldest" to which I refer is not a child as such :)

Heather Murphy said...

I feel their pain. I still hate mornings. ha ha

Anna said...

Fab poem; I'm always in awe of people who can write a poem that scans, rhymes and makes sense!