Saturday 29 September 2012

Typical Saturday Afternoon

Being a family takes compromise
Being a family isn't always easy
Being a family means waiting sometimes
Being a family is great when it works

This Saturday afternoon we found nirvana
This Saturday afternoon everyone was happy
This Saturday afternoon Mike could mess
This Saturday afternoon Rachel could create

Sometimes you bend, sometimes you break
Sometimes you create, sometimes you mess
Sometimes you can do both
Sometimes everyone is happy

And as for me; I could be content
As for me; I could read
As for me; I could write
As for me; I could watch and photograph

Xxxxxxxx

This poem was inspired by today and fitted fantastically with the Saturday Centus prompt at Jenny Matlocks blog.


8 comments:

lissa said...

that sounds like a sweet afternoon

hope you have a great day.

Dreaming said...

Like Lissa said, it sounds like a great afternoon... those that we all aspire to enjoying!

21 Wits said...

Looks like home to me!

Rinkly Rimes said...

It's good when it all comes together.

Susan Anderson said...

Well done!

Don't you love when everyone in the family gets a little bit of what he or she wants??

=)

anitamombanita said...

an afternoon without constraints sounds wonderful!!

gautami tripathy said...

Such a great Centus!

lure of the impure

Jenny said...

Sounds like a perfect time to me!

Love how you integrated this prompt into your writing.

This was really a fun interpretation!