Sunday 16 December 2012

Grey days

It's a grey day
With endless grey skies
It matches my low mood
Let me tell you why

The road seems endless
Constantly hemmed in
No light on the horizon
How's that to begin?

But over 'that' fence
Are fields of wonder
With beauty living wild
To that I surrender

Despite the grey day
I'll find my sunlight
With friends around me
I know I'll be alright

Xxxxxxx

This poem was inspired by the photo prompt provided by The Mag today; please go and visit some of the other poets linking up.

10 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

This is just how I feel today!

Other Mary said...

Yes, friends can brighten the greyest of days. Cheers Emma!

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

I love how the mood turns around in your poem.

Helen said...

Grey, grey go away come again another day ... I enjoyed your poem.

Unknown said...

your resolution is the perfect way to end this piece

kelvin s.m. said...

..oh, i genuinely like this.. reading the first lines, i thought the entire poem would be sad... i'm glad it didn't end up that way... you've given justice to this by remarking some positive views in life t'wards the end... great take... smiles...

Carrie Van Horn said...

Yes, there can still be green pastures and blue skies on a grey day....a poem full of hope....love this Emma! :-)

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Good friends will always light up a grey day.

Love your poem.

Anna :o[

Chris Lawrence said...

a poem full of optimism and feeling that leaps off the page

Helena said...

Seems there's even light at the end of every lane, too.