Monday 31 December 2012

Three words of 2012

As I look back on the year
It's both with pride and fear
Much went as I had hoped
It wasn't tedious, that'd be a joke

In fact I think I'm more prepared
I did limber, though unaware
Ready for the year to come
I've learnt much, and then some

My main thanks is that I survived
I didn't detonate, though I cried
But there's nothing wrong with that
It's healing, that's a fact

Xxxx

I've called this three words of 2012 but actually they're just the random words that a prompt at three word Wednesday had provided, but I prefer the title of this poem better. The three words are:

Detonate; verb: Explode or cause to explode.

Limber; adjective; (Of a person or body part) lithe; supple, (of a thing) flexible; verb: Warm up in preparation for exercise or activity, esp. sports.

Tedious; adjective: Too long, slow or dull; tiresome or monotonous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done with those words, I like the tack you took. sorry it took so long to visit