Monday 9 January 2012

9th January 2012 Mark 1:14-20

The Calling of the First Disciples
 [14] After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. [15] “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!” [16] As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. [17] “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” [18] At once they left their nets and followed him. [19] When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. [20] Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him.


"come follow me", three such innocuous words, no biggie; yet they are completely life changing.  This is not just following Jesus to look at something or go for a walk or even for a set period of time.  This is leaving EVERYTHING and following Jesus into the absolute unknown.

That is what the disciples were called to; and so are we!  It's hard, mighty hard, but today I'm reminded that I don't have to fear, I just have to follow.

Jesus I try to keep following you and I try to not worry along the way, please keep calling me on and I will keep trying to say yes.  Amen

No comments: