Thursday 5 January 2012

Mothers Union in Ndola, Zambia

As you'll know if you read my blog (and this article) I am a member of the Mothers Union at the St Nicolas Earley branch in the Diocese of Oxford.  As you'll also know I'm one of ten going on a trip to Zambia later this year.  Two of the ten of us going to Zambia are members of the Mothers Union and we thought it would be amazing to try and meet up with some of the 12,000 MU members in Zambia whilst we are there.

I have found details of the work of the Mothers Union in Central Africa which includes a literacy project, orphan support and a workers scheme.  I have also found a page about specific Zambian projects which include HIV/Aids projects and a mushroom farm.  What I haven't found are any contact details but I've emailed the Mothers Union overseas work office today and hope they might be able to help us find a branch local to Ndola.

It would be fabulous for our local branch to make a connection with the Mothers Union in Ndola, I hope and pray we can make it happen.

No comments: