Sunday 15 January 2012

Rubber Ducks

This was the view when I had my leisurely bath tonight, a lot of rubber ducks all lined up and staring at me.  (That'll teach me to tidy up the bath toys and let Rachel loose with organising them)

Well you'll be pleased to hear that my bath was still relaxing, for the body; and my mind got carried away on a planet of bubbles.  This is the result.

Take a moment to look at the ducks.
Really look at them.
At their faces.
Their expressions.
Can you read their emotions?
I am struck by the differences in design of the humble rubber duck. 
I think the design of the duck can really alter how you respond to it.

Some are open beaked; these seem more happy, chatty and somehow open to friendship.
Some, like the one at the very front, have a pouty expression which is slightly threatening.
Some others, like the heart ones, are maudalin almost; somehow sad and contemplative.
And then there's the sky gazer, the yellow duck at the back, who looks to be praying.

I have long known that teddy bears have distinct personalities, and I always spent time choosing the one at the shop that seemed "right".  Well now I am wondering whether there is a rubber duck for each emotion, for each season, for each bath and it's important to pick the right one.

happy bath time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Yes, this is very important. You wouldn't want to take a bath with one of those angry looking ducks. He'd make you forget to use soap or something!

(Thanks for linking up with the #findingthefunny party. Hope you come back next week!)

Anna at www.mylifeandkids.com said...

I think I'm going to have nightmares about that angry duck!!

Thanks for linking up to finding the funny!
Anna

LLM Calling said...

Oh no, don't have nightmares