Sunday 1 January 2012

Good Morning 2012

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Morning everyone and welcome to 2012.

This year is a big one, a doozy; one I've been looking forward to. Not often do I enter a new year so excited and positive; I'm liking the feeling. I'm hoping that you're also feeling eager for this new year, but of you're not here are the highlights I'm looking forward to that might help you see yours.

1. London 2012
I watched the Olympic committee announcement and cried with joy and now, finally, after all these years it is here, the year of the Olympics in the UK. I know my enthusiasm confuses people, after all I'm no sportsman, but there's something about the spirit of the Olympics which gives me hope for the world. And of course watching exciting sport live is amazing.

2. Trip to Zambia
In June ten of us from St Nics are going to Zambia to visit the Jubilee Centre in Ndola. This trip has only been in the planning for a year but it's been in my heart for ten years. I love Africa, have a heart for Africa, would live in Africa if Mike would come with me. I can't wait for this trip, this will be a lifetime highlight.

3. Leap Year
I know, it's just a calendar adjustment for an imperfect world, nothing that amazing. But it is, it's a free day, an extra day, a day we see so rarely. Since childhood I've been intrigued and entranced by the possibilities of 29th February. Good things hide in this extra day, I look forward to seeing what they are.

I could write my list forever but three will do, three things I'm looking forward to this year. What are yours?

1 comment:

Sarahmumof3 said...

Happy New Year to you, lets hope that 2012 is amazing for all the right reasons x