Thursday 3 May 2012

3rd May 2012 John 13:16-20




I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Jesus Predicts His Betrayal
"I am not referring to all of you; I know those I have chosen. But this is to fulfill the scripture: 'He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me.' "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He. I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."


Today it's the last verse which has struck me.

Does this mean that anyone who accepts the work and love I give in Jesus' name, despite their doubts, accepts Jesus?

Sounds a lot like it to me. Sounds like a good reason to worry less about conversion and worry a lot more about our actions and words.

Alleluia
Amen.

No comments: