Friday 4 May 2012

Finding out why you were born

The day Rachel was born was a day of joy and love and amazement, it was also a miracle - birth is a miraculous undertaking.

Rachel's first day, a most important day, the day it all started for her.

Amazing as that was, it now pales into insignificance. It is as nothing compared to the first smile, laugh, step, word, hug, picture, joke, day at school, play date, disco, sleepover. And so these first continue through the years, each a milestone to be celebrated and remembered.

Amongst the many hundreds of milestones there is one which I am most looking forward to; it is the day she finds out WHY she was born.

It took me 32 years to figure that out enough to actually follow my path and purpose. It doesn't mean there was no purpose or joy or positive impact in the world before then; but that when I realised my purpose it all just fell into place and became easy.

I don't know how long it will take Rachel to find out her purpose in life but I will be ready to celebrate this most fabulous milestone with her.

No comments: