Friday 17 February 2012

Moments I'd live again and again

You know how some moments seem to last for hours in your memory; well today I'm reliving my top five in chronological order and taking myself back to those happy places.

1.  My first slow dance
There's something magical about the first time you're in a boys arms; I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was so innocent and young and I guess that's the key to such a great memory.

2. Seeing Mike at the front of the church
I was so nervous on our wedding day, not about marriage or the future, just about the people and how they'd be watching.  I was terrified; everyone could see it, I could barely walk.  But it all vanished the minute I saw Mike at the front of the church; I just headed towards him then and that was easy.  I would love to live that moment again; what love.

3. First sensing God at the Grand Canyon 
There was something so clear and real and pure about that first time I knew God was there.  It was amazing and life changing.  I go back there in meditation and get glimpses of it every now and then; but I'd love actually live it again.

4. Seeing Rachel for the first time
Until the moment she was born I hadn't let myself really believe I'd hold her in my arms.  I will never forget seeing her for the first time; her eyes especially.  She was just the most beautiful person I'd ever seen.  I feel these emotions every morning; but I'd love to live that moment again.

5. First time Rachel hugged me 
I don't mean the first time I hugged her, I mean the first time she came to me and threw her arms around me and hugged me tight.  I was blown away, tears filled my eyes.  That was spectacular.  I still get hugs, lots of them, I'm lucky, but that first one was something special.

No comments: