Monday 26 March 2012

Crescent Moon, Venus and Jupiter

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I adore the stars and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to seeing better on the trip to Zambia - a clear view of the night sky.

Tonight, even in light drenched Wokingham, you'd have had to have been blind not to have seen the crescent moon, Venus and Jupiter in the early evening sky. I was running into a meeting and didn't manage to get a photo, but when I got home at 930pm I couldn't resist seeing whether I could capture even some of the majesty.

And I'm pretty impressed what my iPhone has achieved. You can clearly see the crescent moon and Venus alongside. By this point Jupiter had moved too far put of alignment but she still looked fabulous to the naked eye.

It's on nights like these that I want a telescope.
It's on nights like these that God seems very close.

No comments: