Wednesday 14 March 2012

#cyblessings 14th March 2012


two thirds of the worlds 799 million illiterate people are women

I can't imagine what it must be like to not be able to read or write, it's something I started doing at 3 and Rachel was a similar age.  By 5 she was able to figure out what signs meant and have a good go at reading pretty much anything.  And she has been able to make herself understood by words and pictures since before she started school.

To not be able to read and write is a huge disadvantage in life no matter where you live and it's a travesty that 0.8billion people can not.

Christian Aid are asking us to give give 5p for every woman in your family who has attended secondary school.  Well I did, my mum and mother in law did, all 5 of my aunts and my gran did; that's 9 women over 3 generations that I know.  So I commit to donate 45p.

No comments: