Monday 29 October 2012

Pumpkin Prayer

Here's a great little Prayer activity I did with the kids using a Pumpkin as I carved it; now it's not something I've tried before but it seemed to go well.

Dear God,

As I open this pumpkin I pray that you help us all open up more to you.

As I clean out this pumpkin I pray that you clean us of our sins and forgive us.

As I cut eyes into this pumpkin I pray that you show us our work for you in the world.

As I cut a nose for this pumpkin I pray that you remove our stubbornness.

As I cut ears into this pumpkin I pray that you help us hear your message into our heart.

As I cut a mouth into this pumpkin I pray that you help us share your love with others.

As I put a candle into this pumpkin I pray that more of your light comes into the world.

Amen.


No comments: