Thursday 29 November 2012

A to Z of children's work: B is for best

This is the introduction and index for the series of poems about children's work in a church setting.  They might be funny, they might be eye opening but above all they should capture the reality of children's work and the passion I have for it.  I hope you enjoy what you find here; and perhaps feel tempted to get involved with your local kids work programme.

Every adult I know
Expects the best
Complaints will be lodged
If the service provides less

Are the same standards
Expected for kids?
Or is entertainment
And fun ok on their list?

I strive for best
Whatever my audience
Adults or kids
They deserve excellence

One hour a week
We show them God's love
For some of them
It might be all they'll have

No one cuts corners
Hard work is involved
Our best takes work
And that's our goal


2 comments:

Annesphamily said...

This was really wonderful. It touched my heart and I think this was a perfect share. I hope your weekend is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us today.

Jenny said...

A Brilliant post for the letter B...

All that can ever Be expected of anyone is to give their Best...

Beautiful words...

A+