Wednesday 21 November 2012

My guilty pleasure

My guilty pleasure
Is hidden deep within
Below the cake and chocolate
The vodka, wine and gin

It's never ever mentioned
It's a secret of my own
Today I will declare it
Let all shame be thrown

My guilty pleasure
For when I'm all alone
Is Wall's vienetta
With strawberries freshly grown

Xxxxxxxx

This poem was inspired by the challenge start by isadora at real toads:
-  Admit to your deeply dark guilty pleasure.
- Write a poem gluttonously inspired by it.  NOTICE: I said gluttonously inspired, which means no light hinting or a slight name drop.  


8 comments:

Isadora Gruye said...

Strange, isn't it the things we sometimes consider "guilty pleasures" can be another's dessert. Pleasure is a unique thing, and in moderation it seems okay--viva la and thanks for responding to the out of standard prompt.

Laurie Kolp said...

Yum... looks and sounds delicious!

Hannah said...

Decadently guilty! :)

Susie Clevenger said...

Yummy. Guilty looks delicious!

Cad said...

I'd like a slice of that!

Helen said...

Gluttony might be all it's cracked up to be!!! Yours looks delicious!

Mrs.Trellis said...

I'll join you!

Margaret said...

Almost too beautiful to eat. Perhaps therein lies the guilt? :)