Saturday 10 November 2012

Let us enjoy the fall

This poem is written for Saturday Centus and its taken me all week to get something to work for the prompt which was "Thirty days hath September...April, June, and November".  And yes, I'm well aware that it makes little sense but I can't spend any more time trying to perfect an art of nonsense.  If nothing else, enjoy the photo.

Thirty days hath September
April June and November
So goes the childhood rhyme
To help us remember the time
And how we count our days
When in our crazy busy haze

As I sing the song with you
I know we're half way through
This month of thirty days
A month when Autumn invades
Christmas might be on the way
But for now, next month is where it'll stay

So let us enjoy the fall
Knit scarves for one and all
Pretending festivities aren't yet
About the shopping we need not fret
Let's not rush this month away
But in autumn warmly stay


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I planned to write mine all week as well, but life got in the way as it has been doing so darned often of late!

I love the creative way you used this prompt!

You are always such a wonderful surprise when I'm just about done reading for the weeks prompt!