Thursday 3 May 2012

Do what you feel in your heart to be right

I have spent today helping people, all sorts of people who I didn't know needed help until today.

It put my plans out for the day and meant my normally well written reports have been replaced by quick and dirty versions, but I know in my heart that's what matters most.

In my old life I would have prioritised reports and deadlines; but now I follow my heart and my calling in the world. Now I put people before paper every time.

I know that there is a need for paper, but if I'm going to be criticised anyway, then I'd rather receive it for late and shoddy reports than for lack of pastoral care. Today has been a real day, a needed day, a day when I remember what God called me to.

As Eleanor Roosevelt said "do what you feel in your heart to be right, you'll be criticised anyway."

No comments: