Friday 10 August 2012

10th August 2012 Matthew 16:24-28




Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

When Matthew talks about loosing your life for Jesus Christ he's not talking about giving up on life but on getting the priorities right. We may go to church and give money to the poor and help at mission activities; great. But do we still worry about our pensions and investments and things which are not of God? I know I do. The challenge on us today is to hand over all this to Jesus and follow His will.

No comments: