Sunday 12 August 2012

And now it's ..... The Paralympics

Don't get me wrong, I've loved the London 2012 Olympics but I have to admit to being even more excited about the Paralympics. These are the people who despite the odds have made it to the top of their chosen sports; these are the men and women who cope with discrimination and discomfort every day; these are the heroes.

I guess that's why I get annoyed with all the talk of "the end" and "legacy" already - its not the end, it's just half way through. Channel 4 have had these bill boards up all over the place reminding people that the Paralympics is still to come. I'd change the slogan a bit to:

thanks for the first half

But I bow to the advertising experts who know how to get people's attention.

Thanks London 2012 it's being amazing; let's keep up the momentum and passion and positivity through to the 9th September when it all is completely over.

No comments: