Sunday 5 August 2012

Ice Ice Doggy

You wouldn't believe the heat
It's enough to make you drool
An egg could fry on this pavement
What I really need is a pool

A lovely cool pool of water
Medium size to swim around
Or a small one just to sit in
Or a huge one in which to bound

I'm not really that fussy
I just need to cool myself down
I'd even sit in a pile of ice
That would definitely banish my frown

Oh I must be dreaming
It is so beautifully cold
But wait a minute, what's this?
Some's stuck on my nose fold!


This poem was written in response to the doggy image as part of ....
Jenny Matlock

5 comments:

Judie said...

Hahaha! Very clever and cute! Nose fold??? That's the best!!

Susan Anderson said...

Cute one!

=)

Lynn said...

Cute poem, I could use a pool myself right about now:@)

Nonna said...

Adorable use of the prompt...made me smile and chuckle, especially the last line !!!

Jenny said...

Nose fold? snort!

I love that line!

What a cool use of the prompt!

Yes, pun intended.

Nose fold.

Geez, you're good.