Monday 6 August 2012

I recommend you read....

Faithful Blogging Prompt #66: If you had to recommend only one book of the Bible for a person to read, which book would you recommend and why?

I recommend you read The Gospel of Matthew. It's the first book of the New Testament, the first gospel I read and the one which has the greatest world view (in my opinion).

I have always loved Matthew; the writing style talks directly to me and I've never had any problem understanding what he's trying to tell me about Jesus and His life.

Of all the verses of the Bible which spoke to me during my calling, and still today; it's the great commission at the end of Matthew's gospel - we are called to share the good news of Jesus to all people of all nations through all time.

If you've never read Matthew then please do it now; you'll never regret it.

No comments: