Wednesday 8 August 2012

8th August 2012 Matthew 15:21-28




Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.” Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to their dogs.” “Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

I preached on this passage briefly today, I mainly focused on Dominic - founder of preachers; so I'll include a full write out of that separately. But as a brief reflection

Lord help me; what might happen if we actually ask this in our times of need? Imagine what could happen. See what does happen. When in need we just have to ask for help; just do it.

No comments: