Monday 6 August 2012

I talk too much

I do; it's a fact, I talk too much, I always have and I probably always will.

I don't mean that I talk over people, I don't do that I hope, or if I do it's rare. No, I just like to have conversations with people and find out about them and share with them. It's why I like blogging; it's a place to talk and converse and hear from others; it's a fantastic outlet for my verbal diarrhoea (my mum's phrase).

It's funny to think that my chosen first career was one full of introverts where offices were quiet and chat minimal. I found it hard to cope with until I found my niche in project management where talking is rated highly. From this I went into facilitation and talking was valued above almost everything else; alongside listening. My weakness became a strength.

And now? Well now I'm called to listen to people and support them; something which takes quiet and careful conversation. But I'm simultaneously called to children's and family work where story telling and talking is everything.

It's such a joy to be able to use my natural faults in God's plan and for His work.

What weakness do you have that God makes the most of?

No comments: