Tuesday 12 February 2013

I almost forgot

Woke up this morning
Feeling almost fine
Started making plans for the day
What I'd do with my time

First a few lengths of the pool
Then, a meeting at church
Afternoon in a school
Can't leave them in the lurch

By 8am I was exhausted
Oh my goodness I almost forgot
I'm not firing on all cylinders
Just one of those things is enough

But how do I choose between them?
Which one of them matters the most?
How I wish I could be back to normal
Perhaps soon I'll come somewhere close

Xxxxxx

Linked up at Julia's Place for the 100 word challenge for grown ups.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

urgh...and what is normal? to be and do what is good and right for you...God gives us enough time in every day to complete what God wants done...and yet, we push. OH! there is never enough time or me to go around. well done!

Older Mum said...

Fab! X.

PirateGunn said...

A sadness in that poem....

Sally said...

Great poem, I think we've all felt like that at some points in our lives and sometimes we just have to learn to say 'no.'