Friday, 15 February 2013

Please look after my tortoise

Look at my tortoise
Isn't he sweet
Always looks tidy
Clean and neat

Never answers back
Rarely makes a mess
Loves a polished shell
Likes baths a bit less

Eats lots of lettuce
Some carrot as well
Will always be with me
That I can tell

But what will he do
If I don't come back home
Who will look after him
Where will he roam?

Please look after my tortoise
While I'm flying my planes
Love him like I do
All over again

Xxxxxx

Inspired by and Linked up at Sepia Saturday.

14 comments:

barbara and nancy said...

Great poem. Did you write this one?
I'm going to forward it to a friend who has pet turtles in her backyard. She'll love it.
Nancy

Emma Major said...

I hope she likes it Nancy. and yes, everything on the blog is written by me (unless stated otherwise) :)

Wendy said...

I like the positive attributes of the turtle mentioned in your poem.

Boobook said...

Good one Emma

Alan Burnett said...

Charming

Mike Burnett said...

Back in the 60s or 70s there was a bit of a craze for Pet Stones, the could be treated like Tortoise, but required less exercising and were cheaper to feed.

Bob Scotney said...

Great, I shall read your poem at our Writing Group.

Emma Major said...

I've always wanted a tortoise, I can't see any downsides to them really

Emma Major said...

thanks

Emma Major said...

thanks

Emma Major said...

I remember those, in fact I think I had one :)

Emma Major said...

thanks Bob, that sounds scary

Postcardy said...

Nice poem. I guess tortoises do have some advantages as pets, though I prefer friendly cuddly ones.

Little Nell said...

I'll have him- he doesn't sound much trouble!