Sunday 17 February 2013

Lost rally car

Have you seen
Number sixteen
Last checked in
At point nineteen

Never made twenty
Had petrol plenty
No one's seen
Number sixteen

                            I saw a car
                            From afar
                            Up that hill
                            Could it be there still?

                            Near a home
                            All alone
                            Looked abandoned
                            Near the oakland

            Yes, I saw them
            Going round the bend
            Looked pretty lost
            With shattered exhaust

            Making a mess
            I confess
            I thought they'd given up
            It'll need a massive clean up

Xxxxxx

Poem inspired by the picture " Wind of History by Jacek Yerka" provided by The Mag.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers!

Laurie Kolp said...

More, more!

Gail said...

Interesting

LLM Calling said...

I know, it's definitely not finished but.I'm not sure where it's going next :)

Yvonne Osborne said...

First prize for a unique take. Car Number 16...in some strange way, giving it a number gives this car and the people inside place and personality, kinda like that Stephen King novel.

Kathe W. said...

love how you took this down a road we others had not seen!

Tess Kincaid said...

This one's so lyrical...set it to music!

Michael said...

so creative. a rally car. haha well done

kaykuala said...

Beautiful write, Emma! The word craft is classic supported with lots of imagery! Nicely!

Hank

Bo said...

I really enjoyed this.

Sueann said...

This was fun to read...like Tess said...lyrical!
Hugs
SueAnn

Berowne said...

Gives solid meaning to the word "imaginative."

Helen said...

Your Mag is so full of energy, I'm getting dizzy! Nice :-)

Margaret said...

...a bit of mystery, what ever happened to car 16?

Susan Anderson said...

Super cool rhythm and rhyme!

=)

Susie Clevenger said...

I'm with Laurie, more! love it!!

21 Wits said...

Yes! I do believe I saw it- but can't be to sure on the number! hehehehe!