Sunday 24 February 2013

My drawers

You saw my form
But now you see my drawers
You see inside me

Inside my soul
My fears, hopes and dreams
Look and you'll see

But please take care
Don't open them too wide
When you look inside

Inside my drawers
Are all my flaws and all
I need to hide

Only if I trust
Will I open them wide enough
For you to see, me

Xxxxxx

Inspired by Venus de Milo with Drawers by Salvador Dali in 1936.  Linked up at The Mag.

By way of background - Dali was passionate about Freud's work and used work with drawers to articulate the idea of our hidden lives which can bee opened up through therapy.

8 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Trust being the key word here.

Berowne said...

Artful and skillful; quite a combo...

martine said...

Like this, a clever take on the idea of hiding and seeking
martine

Helen said...

I enjoyed this Emma .. my drawers have been open far too long!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Oh! Unlike, Helen, I never open my drawers all the way. :)

I like your Magpie.

21 Wits said...

Trust in layers do we see...lovely write indeed!

Tess Kincaid said...

Excellent...

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Well done.

Much thought must be given when opening (and closing) our drawers...

Anna :o]