Saturday 16 February 2013

Praying the Labyrinth

Tomorrow we walk
Prayerfully
Quietly
Expectantly
Slowly

An ageless path
Turning
Returning
Confusing
Containing

With God
Towards
His ...
Well
Towards
Who knows what

Prayer
Off our knees
On our feet
As pilgrims

Focus on
The path
The walk
The experience

Tomorrow we walk
To who knows where
Within set boundaries
Without walls or constraints

Tomorrow we walk

Xxxxxx

Tomorrow I am introducing the children (and any parents who wish) to the prayer labyrinth. Tomorrow we walk and I'm trusting God to show us how and where. 

This poem is very unlike my usual style as I was challenged to write free verse by real toads, it's linked up there.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

We used this out-lay printed on a big canvas...it was a wonderful experience!! Have fun...beautiful and meditative poem...I like the one word lines...gives the poem a step-by-step feeling. :)

Fireblossom said...

I don't know what a prayer labyrinth is, but I'm glad you decided (again!) to try your hand at free verse, Emma. The single words are effective. Nice job!

Susan said...

Walking the labyrinth is exactly into the mystery, as you say.

Margaret said...

An ageless path


That jumped out at me as we are all so very much alike, walk a similar path, yet we just don't know it. Nice go at free verse! I think mixing it up makes us better at both (free verse and form) in the end.

Susie Clevenger said...

Too often we pray quickly..wanting to take our own path...but there are steps that He has chosen...lovely poem

Unknown said...

Love the labyrinth! Your poem conveys the meditative state they impart.