Thursday 17 February 2011

Comic Relief - getting involved


Rachel and I were watching Blue Peter today and hearing all about Red Nose Day events. Rachel has never before been particularly moved by appeals, but this time it is different. She was as moved as I always am and asked if we could do something to raise money for "all the children in africa".

So today we make our commitment to organise and run a cake bake sponsored event followed by a cake sale with all money going to Comic Relief 2011.

The thing is Rachel is a child of the 21st century, a child of love, a child of the church, a child of God; and she sees bigger than I ever did at her age. For her it is great that we are doing something, but she says she's going to ask all her friends to join in and also said "if you put it on your blog and tweet it then lots of people you know can do it too!"

wow!
she's 5 and she knows "tweet" as a verb
she's aware that blogging something means people read it
she really thinks she can get people to join her

I'm not sure, I'm worried she'll get her hopes up.... BUT maybe I should have her faith and go with it.

so who's with Rachel?
who will join in her plan to have sponsored cake bakes and sales around the country?
I can't tell you how much I'd love it if her faith was proven true!

THE PLAN
Everyone who wants to take part will bake cakes of any shape, size or form on Wednesday 16th March 2011.
You get sponsored for how many cakes you can make in the day.
Then you take these cakes to people and sell them, collecting money for Red Nose Day.
Sounds easy, is easy, could raise lots of money, will make a difference!

Here is Rachels RND URL - http://my.rednoseday.com/Rachelscakes
And join her Team at URL - http://my.rednoseday.com/RachelsCakebake

1 comment:

shaz said...

Could toddlers do it on the Tuesday? Our staff could do the baking and they could sell them to the carers??