Wednesday 18 January 2012

Week of Prayer for Christian Unity Day One


Today is the first day of the 2012 week of prayer for christian unity.  The picture above is the logo of The Churches Together in Britain and Ireland for the week.  They have a huge amount of information on their website from which I will be taking my lead this week, please click through here and find something which appeals to you.

Day One - Changed by Serving
1. In what ways do you serve?
I have a problem with thinking of what I do as serving, it's just too much fun and serving tends to make me think of sacrifices.  I love spending time with kids, parents, families and grandparents in the community; have a great time in schools with self esteem work and REinspired sessions; have plans for the local area and like to see how these come to fruition and feel truly blessed to be able to work for God at St Nics.

2. In what ways can you serve?
And here is the crux of my problem; I can always think of something or someone else I would like to do or help.  My problem is that there aren't enough hours in the day. 

3. What can you do to make the answers to questions 1 and 2 the same?
I keep finding ways of doing what I can with the resources I have and trust God that I am where He needs me.

Gracious God, we gather, united in praise, longing for heavenly greatness in our earthly lives: serving one another in the way of Jesus, finding the overflowing joy of unity, and so to scatter, united in service.  Amen.

No comments: