Monday 30 July 2012

30th July 2012 Matthew 13:31-35




The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast
He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”. He told them still another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.”. Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet:
“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”


Is it just me or do you have problems getting into the meaning of parables? I know they were perfect for their time, but they need a bit of translation to help me. I prefer straight talking. Perhaps that's why I was called; straight talking is what I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of helpful information. I have bookmarked your site.