Monday 23 July 2012

To visit or To donate

I know I've only been back from Zambia for a tiny bit more than a week, but already I'm thinking about whether or not to go back with the next trip in 2014.

I desperately want to go back to Zambia and the Jubilee Centre.
I want to visit the projects, encourage the amazing people running them, see the individuals who benefit from the projects and give what I can. It's about the mission work and God's plans in that place. But let's not pretend otherwise; it's about me as well, it's my passion.

What does it take to go?
It takes Mike's support to pick up the baton whilst I'm away.
It takes cover for the work I do here.
It takes money, about £100 a month for the next 18 months or so to make it happen.

How else could those resources be used?
£100 a month would go so far if given directly to the Jubilee Centre instead . Is it right to instead take myself out there?

Everyone is busy and the kids work ministry I'm doing needs volunteers. If I go away then these people give their time to cover me rather than perhaps giving their time at other times when bigger events happen. And I know the same is true of Mike.

So how do I decide?
What do you think?
Would you plan to go?
Or would you donate the cost of going?

Perhaps I should hope that a rich supporter comes along and offers to pay for me to go on their behalf and we get the best of both worlds. I can dream cant I!


1 comment:

MichelleTwinMum said...

Hmm big decision, heart and head stuff. Pray on it, wait on the Lord and see what He reveals.

Send the £100 a month and then fundraise for your trip?

Mich x