Wednesday 11 July 2012

Mission Trip to Jubilee Centre in Ndola - Day seven 10th July 2012

Today was a Jubilee Centre office day for me. I wanted to spend time with Meluse talking through her plans for bereavement support groups, a preschool and bible stories in Bemba.

Four of us stayed in the office for the day whilst the other six spent the day, in twos, with a pastor; doing the normal household work and experiencing life in the compound.

When deciding whether to do an office day or pastor day I was comparing "my" needs with Jubilee Centre's needs and I'm pleased with the decision I made. It felt wonderful to be able to do work purely for Jubilee Centre for the day and to know that I was useful; I needed that.

It's a good job I didn't go, because peanut flour was everywhere and I don't need another allergic reaction.

Details of the discussions will come onto the blog in due course, when they are approved; watch this space. They're amazing, life changing projects and I'm so excited to see them start.

No comments: