Sunday 29 July 2012

Self check out woes

It'll be fun, the kids love it
I try to convince my friend
Don't queue up, stay over here
We'll scan from start to end

Ok, she says, I'll give it a try
Her face doesn't look very keen
She waves the packet up and down
The red light doesn't turn green

The kids help out, well try at least
Fun seems to be seeping through
Until that last packet of beans
Won't swipe, she's going blue

All is done and totalled up
"Please remit your payment promptly" it drones
The card won't pay, 'now what?' we say
'Never again' my poor friend moans

Jenny Matlock

The prompt this week was: " PLEASE REMIT YOUR PAYMENT PROMPTLY!'

5 comments:

drbexl said...

Ha, I am not a huge fan of self-checkout... rather keep someone in work/have someone to chat to. Unrecognised item just too frustrating! :-)

Judie said...

Hahahaha! It seems that whenever I get down to that bottle of wine, the assistant always disappears and I have to hunt her down to o.k. the purchase!! Other than that, I think it's kind of fun!

Carrie said...

Lol. I love the self checkouts....when I have less than 10 items. More than that and I go crazy :)

Visiting from Saturday Centus

Anonymous said...

How funny! and How spot on! nicely written. :)

Jenny said...

I've been behind you a time or two.

And had this happen a time or two.

I am both attracted and repelled by the self checkout.

The long lines discourage me...and oh, that sweetly empty line often beckons!

Cute, cute, cute writing.