Sunday 22 July 2012

London has gone weird

We were wondering around the West End and Covent Garden on Friday, a week before the London 2012 Olympics open, it was weird.

Weird in a good way - cleaner, brighter and shinier than it was six months ago.

Weird in a bad way - false, cluttered and more regimented than I remember.

Weird in a weird way - what's with all the phone box installations and London 2012 pop up information stands? And the flags?

I am excited about the London 2012 Olympics; we're going to an event of the Olympics; but why is London trying to change it's image?

As we walked around I was struck by the way the Londoners haven't changed - still surly, pushy and rude - and yet the city is trying to be something different.

Is London ashamed of itself?
Why has the city gone weird?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful gooԁs from you, man. I havе takе into
accοunt your ѕtuff previοus to
and you аre simply extremely wonderful. I actuallу like
what you've acquired right here, really like what you are stating and the way in which wherein you are saying it. You make it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay it smart. I can't wait to read far more from you. That is really a terrific site.
Feel free to visit my blog post : site