Wednesday 22 February 2012

Count your Blessings for Lent


I'm taking up quite a lot of activities this lent, each for a different part of me.

For my physical self: I'm taking up getting to the gym 3 times a week again

For my spiritual self: I'm reading Mark's gospel as part of the #BigRead12

For my emotional self: I'm counting my blessings with Christian Aid

But it's not all about me; the great news is that each of these things has a positive effect on others.
My gym going should increase my endorphins making me cheerier at home. I'm blogging and leading a group on #BigRead12 which I hope will help them get closer to Jesus in their lives. And the Christian Aid campaign will help the poor through giving of money.

I've considered all the traditional "giving up" options but know that anything food based will mess with my mind. Instead I'm giving up gossip; something we all can do and which I hate myself for partaking in.

That's me, what are your plans?

No comments: