|Christian Art Board|
I use Pinterest to gather ideas from all over the internet for:
- blog posts and series
- prayer and meditation sessions
- God Squad sessions
- crafts for Noah's Ark and People, Prayers and Potatoes Messy Church
- general kids work
- upcycling projects for around the house
- remembering books I and Rachel have read
- any random future use I might have a need for - my virtual dumping pile
I am not interested in pinning things I want to buy or anything I aspire to; nothing could be further from the truth. It's about helping me make the best use of what I have and learn from others. It's about sharing ideas onwards to those who follow me. It's a sharing of childrens' ministry which was so hard to do before it was invented.
In conclusion; some people may use pinterest for materialistic aspirational purposes, but most of those who have large following are all about beauty, life, love and sharing of themselves.
I have to put a major caveat on the title of this blog post; I'm not sure that being materialistic means you can't be spiritual or visa versa, but the dictionary provides them as opposites and it makes for a good title.