Friday 17 February 2012

Reasons to be cheerful #r2bc week 7

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


Following on from my slight blip and rant on my blog, sorry about that, I have had a lovely afternoon and am in a great place to share my reasons to be cheerful this week.

1. Friends
There truly is nothing better than great friends who let you unburden your soul. For me it was over a cuppa, for Rachel it was whilst running around like a mad thing with two of the best boys in the world. Thanks guys for giving us back our sanity.

2. Health
It's under-rated is good health. Having been ill on and off for two weeks it's just wonderful to feel well again and know Rachel's well again. Here's to hoping we don't succumb to anything else in the weeks ahead.

3. Love
Mike and I had the most amazing meal at Pebble Beach restaurant this week. We went out on the 13th to avoid the silly Valentines crowds, set menus and prices. The food was spectacular, the service impeccable and we had a great evening. As ever it was great to make time for each other; after all it was Stop for the One day.

4. Motherhood
I may have let the pressures of balancing work and being a mum get on top of me earlier but believe me when I tell you how lucky I feel to be a mum. Even 6 years into the experience I can remember the pain and heartbreak which was infertility. Every day I thank God for the privilege of being a mum. I love my girl.

5. Ministry
I've also realised today just how lucky I am to be an LLM at my church; I have the majority of the holidays off and am pretty much in control of my ministry and how it works. This allows me to be available to Rachel as much as I can. Today's blip of having to work around her was just that, a blip which thankfully is very rare.

2 comments:

Jen Stanbrook said...

You really do sound like you are in a good place. Glad you are feeling well again.

seasiderinthecity said...

If you can't rant on your own blog then where can you! Glad you are feeling better