Monday 13 February 2012

13th February 2012 Mark 8:11-13

The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven.  He sighed deeply and said, “Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.”  Then he left them, got back into the boat and crossed to the other side.

The pharisees asked for a sign, they needed to be shown.  So our society asks of God today, wanting to be shown what He is and what He does.  How much easier our faith would be if we had obvious signs which were undebatable.  Jesus did not make it easy and still does not today.  But then anything worth having is not meant to be easy.

I have signs, many of them; signs within and around me which I know to be God in my life and in the world.  They are real and true and mind-blowing, but they are mighty hard to explain or prove.  What I can prove though is that my faith means everything to me, that God works within me and changes me and uses me; this is what can be seen and felt and valued.

Jesus we thank you for the signs you provide us and ask for more ability to spot them and celebrate them.  Amen.

No comments: