Wednesday 8 February 2012

Anyone know what #synod actually did today?

I have listened to the live feed from general synod, I've read all the tweets, I've joined in some of the debate, I've read the transcripts and summaries and guess what.......

I'm still confused!


Does anyone know what #synod actually decided about women bishops today?

I think that it's good news.
I think that the majority approves women bishops and that the church holds together in this
I think there's been a ban on any more alterations to the proposal
I think it now goes forward for final approval in July
I think that barring anything unforeseen women bishops will be appointed in the Church of England

If you know different then please let me know.
In the mean time I'm linking up the websites which provide better information than I can, please add yours if you have written and want to share



No comments: