Monday 21 September 2020

What do you see in this artwork?

 


I drew this yesterday as a piece of mindful drawing, combining two slow drawing techniques

I felt compelled to stop drawing at this point. I didn't need to get on with something else, nor did I feel that I liked what I'd drawn particularly, I just felt this piece was done.

I don't think I've really felt that before, that a piece of mindful drawing is "finished". So I'm wondering whether it has something to communicate to people.

So tell me please,
what do you think this picture represents?
What does it say to you?
What is it?


Here are some answers given by people on facebook:

To me, it’s three people travelling on a road together. The first impression of who the trio might be was you, Mike and Rachel on your journey together in your lives. Then my brain sparked to another trio, the two disciples walking along the road to Emmaus with Jesus. This brought a little wordplay to mind, thank you Emma for sharing this with us 😉 Emma-us.


Fingerprints


Beginning of Triplets


On life's journey, there are times when the view through the 'porthole' is not clear and we don't understand it. That can mean different things of different magnitude to different people - for some, just a moment that barely means anything, to others where it is longer, more challenging, maybe with difficult consequences. But the reality that your drawing shows is that, whilst they may happen more than once, they are contained and are not continuous. The beautiful journey of life is continuous throughout. It gave me hope


Seeds in the wind


For me I see fingerprints or cells. Each is unique/has its own purpose/is designed, yet all are connected and journey forward together being part of a bigger picture. Some are only just on the path others fully on the path..either is ok and good, no judgement, it is simply the way it is. What feels important is the journeying together and going in the same direction..which in your image is up, for me this feels very positive.


maybe I have too much of a virus mind atm - I see blood cells moving through veins, carrying goodness to each cell in our bodies, healing us, flowing through us from our creator.


I see someone putting fingerprints surrounded by the virus.
Strangely the virus is all round, and right up to, but not actually on the fingerprints.


Broken Conkers with stripes


The biologist in me says parasitic oocytes surrounded by bacteria! That's what goes of taking a third year option in parasitology at uni all those years ago.

Cells

Fingerprints

Nits



And finally, a poem inspired by the image

Am I a Poet
Or just a writer of poetry?
What is the criteria
Volume or quality?
Publication, infamy
Or respected ideology?
Perfectly clear, apparently
I'm a poet, emotionally
It's time to be celebratory
Not wait till my obituary
It's part of my identity
Communicating creatively
A funny little poem exploring what it means to be a poet.

No comments: