Sunday 11 November 2012

He holds the key

This photo by Ellen Wilson has inspired this poem which is more prayer than poem really. It is linked up at Real Toads.

I waited locked up tight
Afraid of day and night
Not sure of what I was
Or if I could ever be loved

Then "He" came to my side
Held my hand, whilst I cried
Gently showed me who I was
That I was more than enough

He taught me how to love
Myself and everyone else
He changed me inside out
Made me more devout

My Father God thank you
For everything You do
For all You've given me
And what you help me be


5 comments:

Margaret said...

Held my hand, whilst I cried
Gently showed me who I was

We must know and love ourselves before we can return the same. This is lovely.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Very lovely.

Susie Clevenger said...

Amen. Such a beautiful poem of faith.

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is written with great sincerity.
Thank you for participating in the RT mini-challenge.

Hannah said...

After reading some of your other posts-your story- this poem is made even more prayerful and touching. Thank you for sharing so richly for the sake of helping others. ♥