Monday 5 November 2012

One year of licensed ministry

Today is the 5th November which is of course Bonfire Fireworks Night aka Guy Fawkes Night.  However to me it is something considerably more;  it is the anniversary of day I was licensed as an LLM in the Diocese of Oxford of the Church of England.

Today I have been in licensed ministry for once whole year;  and a leap year at that.

I had intended to spend this morning reflecting on that fact but being mum to a stick child took precedence.   There's something perfect about that;  it's a reminder that God called me to be a mum before He called me to ministry.

So there's been no great reflection but I can't let this evening go past without commemorating the date.   So instead let me just say

Thank you

To God for His blessings in my life
To Mike for his support
To Rachel for never griping about playing second fiddle in church
To Neil for his wise, challenging yet gentle supervision
To all at St Nics for accepting me as I am

Thank you
Into year two we go.


No comments: